Sunday, June 3, 2007

MBE Timing: Too slow on MBEs

Someone posted a question about going too slow on the MBEs. I guess it would depend what you mean by too slow. For a one hour time slot, are you unable to finish 5 questions, or it is 10 or 20? If it's under 5 for every hour, you are still okay right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about timing on the MBEs initially. Also, if you do want to time yourself, I would do at least 30 minutes or 1 hour instead of say focusing on timing per question. Your timing issue may also be inaccurate right now if you are doing 30 "Hard" tort questions because the harder questions will naturally take long.

I guess sometime in the mid-point of your studying, in a few weeks, you should try to do some mixed MBE questions (where there are easy, medium and hard) and see if you are still behind. If you are only 1 or 2 questions behind for every hour, that should be okay, but if you are 5 or more behind, you should really try to find out what is slowing you down.

As I noted in my earlier post, the key is to practice, practice and practice. Do some extra MBEs or focus on speeding up without losing accuracy.

No comments: