Saturday, June 16, 2007

Memorization Schedule: The Last 3 Weeks

I just found my old Barbri Paced Program schedule for last year, so I thought I would post what my schedule looked like for the last 3 weeks. As you know, I did not start memorizing anything until the last 3 weeks. Here was what my schedule looked last:

3 Weeks prior to Exam)
WED) I started to memorize Remedies
FRI) I started to memorize Wills/Trust

2 Weeks prior to Exam)
MON) Memorize Professional Responsibility and Corporations
TUES) Memorize Professional Responsibility and Torts (Last day of Barbri Lecture)
WED) (I think I had PMBR this day)
THURS) Memorize Evidence and Criminal Law
FRI) Memorize Con Law and Property
SAT) Memorize Contracts and Civ Pro
SUN) Memorize Community Property (half day)

1 Week prior to Exam)
MON) Memorize Wills/Trust & Property & Remedies
TUES) Memorize Criminal Law, Torts & Prof. Responsibility
WED) Memorize Contract, Corporation, Evidence
THURS) Memorize Con Law, Civ. Pro, & Community Property
FRI) Memorize Wills/Trust, Contract, Torts, Remedies, and Property
SAT) Memorize Criminal Law, Civ Pro, Community Property, Corporations & Evidence
SUN) Memorize Con Law & Professional Responsibility

MONDAY before Exam: Very light studying, go over Performance Exam Checklist

With the schedule above, I was essentially able to memorize and go over my outlines at least 3 times for each subject. I scheduled it so that the subjects with longer outlines are on the same day as the ones with shorter outlines so I would be going over/memorizing the same number of pages each day.

Also, I totally went on a different schedule after Barbri lectures ended. Instead of doing the Barbri AD MBE questions (which were ridiculously hard), I did the mixed ones and the PMBR mixed ones. I figured how many super-hard questions would I actually get on the bar (probably not very many). I also tried to outline some more essays during this time period.

Here is my advice for the last few weeks:
1) Keep on doing MBEs in timed conditions daily. I think I did them for 1 hour each day and checked the answer. Remember, you don't have any more lectures, so you have more free time.
2) Try to write out or at the very least outline different essays. If you are having timing issues, then you definitely need to practice writing out full essays under timed conditions. If not, you can write one essay out every one or two days and then outline and issue-spot the rest.
3) Memorizing is less important than #1 & #2. If you can't remember everything, when you are doing #2 (writing out essays), practicing BSing or making up the law.

6 comments:

biff said...

Totally agree about the Barbri's AD questions. Waste of time.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

How important is it to do PMBR Qs? If I am doing well with the BarBri ones, including ADs, is that enough? Bottom line, am I missing something by not doing PMBR? I don't plan to do the 3-day, so my option is basically to buy a book on e-Bay. But it's not like I have any spare time to do extra stuff.

Anonymous said...

Quick Question: Did you outline essays/ write out essays of the same topics that you reviewed each day? Meaning, if you reviewed crim law outline, did you do a crim law essay on that day?

Thank you for all your advice! It is very reassuring and I read it whenever I feel overwhelmed.

Anonymous said...

Do you have advice on how to BS rules?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the decrease delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=golden ftp server pro 3.02 ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you profit by the black methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg