Friday, June 8, 2007

Memorization Question: Part I

Someone asked: "I have a question, I've been trying to memorize now, while doing barbri because I don't understand how I can possibly wait until barbri is over. If I don't have everything memorized enough how am I supposed to do the practice essays, etc?"

Like you probably heard already, studying for the bar is an individual feat. If you feel that you should memorize along the way and early, definitely do it. My earlier post was just to tell you that you can still do it when Barbri ends, like most people, and you will still be okay. For me, I memorized later because I figured it would be fresher in my mind.

On to the question: You definitely need to be doing practice essays now, along with the MBEs. For me, I "made up" law or I looked it up on my outlines. The practice essays are more to get your analysis and issue spotting together.

Like I stressed earlier, it is criticial that you do the MBEs and practice essays that Barbri or your other programs assign. Memorization is not that important at this point (I guess that was why I posted my earlier blog). A lot of people will tell you to B.S. or make up the law if you forget. It definitely works.

No comments: