Saturday, June 9, 2007

Why Barbri and Other Options

Someone asked a question about Barbri and the passing %, which brings me to the rationale behind taking Barbri. When I was in law school, all I knew was everyone enrolled in Barbri. I asked an upper classman about this, and he told me that the key to the bar was to be average and to go with the flow. As Barbri puts it, be a sheep. He said since the majority (I'm guessing like 75%+) take Barbri, if Barbri didn't cover a topic, then 75% of the people wouldn't have learned the topic either, so it won't hurt you on the bar. It made good sense to me, so that's why I took Barbri.

On another note, I did some research later and found that there are many other courses there for the CA Bar. There is BarPassers, which appears to be modeled and maybe even owned by Barbri. They have the video lectures and a schedule, and they have a mock 3-day exam at the end. There are individual tutors, some who start in January for the July bar.

However, do take this with a grain of salt. Barbri does not work for everyone. But, I would recommend taking Barbri the first time, unless you are absolutely sure their method won't work for you.

No comments: