Friday, June 8, 2007

Following the Barbri Schedule or Falling Behind

By this time, I imagine some of you have fallen behind in the Barbri schedule. It really is feasible, with some modifications and some determination.

I was able to fit in the Barbri schedule in 6 days. However, I did cheat a bit. I would generally write out one full 1-hour essay exam for each subject and just outline and issue spot the others. I did manage to finish all the MBE questions assigned, and at least outline and issue spot all their essays.

My advice if you have fallen behind right now is don't try to go back and "catch up." Start on the day you are on, and just plow forward from there. If you try to catch up, you will keep on falling further and further behind.

Also, if you are really having trouble keeping up, skip the reading of the Convisor. I'm not sure it is that helpful since you don't remember half of what you read.

For motivation factor: almost everyone I knew who was able to keep up with the schedule in some fashion passed the bar. However, the majority of the people were not able to keep up with the schedule, and I presume most of them passed also. Just try your best to keep up, but at this early point, I would try to light your butt on fire and get going because if you keep on falling behind now, it's not a good sign...

2 comments:

biff said...

So from your estimation, what % of people who took Barbri passed? And what % of the Barbri-takers took the program seriously?

Anonymous said...

I can't give you an estimate on how many who took Barbri passed. I do know a lot of people who took Barbri and didn't pass. I have no idea. I would say somewhere between 10% to 25% took Barbri "seriously" (did all the homework, practice essays, etc.). All of these people I knew passed (but I'm sure there are some who did this and didn't pass). The majority 50% did some of the Barbri work (1/2 to 3/4).