Thursday, June 14, 2007

Barbri PT Workshop Question

Question: "Is it necessary to attend the PT workshops in BarBri?"

This one is a toss up. If I had to do it all over again, I would still attend, although I admit it may be an overkill on my part. I would say that you can probably get away with not attending, with the caveat that you take or outline extra performance exams during that time period.

For me, the PT workshops forced me to outline and look at some extra PT that I otherwise would not have on my own. If you are someone who is not disciplined enough to spend the 3-4 hours of the workshop time outlining extra PTs or writing up extra PTs, then you should attend the workshop. Also, even though that guy is pretty crazy, he does give some helpful advice. I think he tells you that you need to format "letter PTs" with headings and all like a letter, and that you have to start a declaration with a particular sentence. This, you may not get by just looking at the model answers. I do feel that he did waste a lot of time.

If you do not attend or choose to skip PT workshop, you definitely need to be outlining extra PTs or writing extra PT out. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, I did an extra 3-4 performance exams on my own that were not on the Barbri schedule and looked thru the format of many more. I felt that performance exam teaching was Barbri's weakest point, although I'm not sure you can actually teach this. It's one of those things that you really need to practice and be flexible.

No comments: