Monday, June 11, 2007

Barbri MBE Simulated Exam

I'm not sure where everyone is in Barbri, but I assume the MBE Simulated whole day exam is coming up soon. Here's my advice:

1) Make sure you go to class and do the full-day MBE exam. It's really helpful to sit in a room with a ton of other people and try to take the MBE exam. You will get distractions and annoying sounds that you will not get if you do this at home. Also, there is a timer for you. So, definitely do this.
2) Skip the review. Most people I spoke to who attended said it was useless (I didn't go). My one caveat may be to go if you are scoring extremely low (under 50 percentile), but still, I'm not sure if going will help your scores. You might be better off doing more practice MBEs during that time frame or carefully reviewing and figuring out why and what you missed. The explanations for Barbri answers are quite good.

On the same note, for those of you who signed up for the 3-day PMBR, I would tell you to go take exam on the 1st day and skip the next 2 days. If you haven't signed up for the 3-day, don't bother. Save your $300+.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, gentle blogger, thank you for doing this! I have been miserable for the past few weeks because I haven't had time to memorize anything yet, and I thought I was doomed. You made me feel much better.

I have a question about outlines. Sakai has some bare bones ones in the essay workshop class handout. I was thinking about using those as my model, making sure I had a rule for each subheading, and leaving it at that. Do I need to memorize more than that for the essays?

Anonymous said...

Yes. How many R's do you need to end up memorizing?

Anonymous said...

Is it necessary to attend the PT workshops in BarBri?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

i genuinely adore your writing kind, very useful.
don't quit and keep writing due to the fact that it just nicely to look through it.
excited to looked over additional of your current stories, thankx :)