Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Memorization Questions: Part II

Here is the question: "Sakai has some bare bones ones in the essay workshop class handout. I was thinking about using those as my model, making sure I had a rule for each subheading, and leaving it at that. Do I need to memorize more than that for the essays?"

I made my outlines for each subject. Some outlines were 5 pages, and others were as long as 10-15 pages. I tried my best to keep them short. I essentially memorized everything on those outlines, but I am pretty good at memorizing stuff. However, for some smaller issues or issues that the professor said were not going to be on the exam or things that I didn't think were important, I put (SKIM) on the outline. When I was memorizing and studying my outlines, I would just read and skim those issues and not memorize them.

At the very basic level, you should memorize all the major rules and exceptions. I probably memorized all the smaller rules too, but like I said, you might be able to get away with skimming and being familiar with some rules. You will find out that many people "make up" rules on the bar exam. You don't remember a rule, or you don't know it, so essentially, you b.s. and write down what you think the rule is. You should practice this when you do your practice essays.

No comments: