Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Barbri Performance Workshop

Okay, after sitting through 6 weeks of Barbri last year, I found the Performance Exam guy to be utterly annoying and very unhelpful. Yes, I'm not supposed to freak out, but after all of those performance workshops, I'm not sure if he taught me anything. I think the only useful thing was the time-management segment he taught us.

Some of my friends ended up taking 3-day Performance Exam Workshops offered over July 4th. Fight that temptation (see more in my post below). It is a waste of money and time.

I found the best way to tackle those exams were to print out recent practice ones from the CA Bar website and take them. I did about 3 or 4 extra exams on top of the ones that Barbri required, and it gave me more confidence. The time you spend taking the exams would be better spent taking 2 or 3 extra performance exams.

4 comments:

biff said...

Hey this is very helpful! Thanks!

cabaradvice said...

Yeah! Someone is reading this. Please post questions if you have any.

biff said...

I am going too slow on the MBE's. Did you experience this problem?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this advice. I was having sort of a mini breakdown b/c my 81% intro contracts score went to 54 or so on the intermediate, then about 56 on the hard. I thought i was an idiot, but I am starting to feel better now. PS I am not studying for the CA bar, but the WV bar. Still, this helps alot.