Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Day in the Life of the Bar

Here is what my scheduled looked like during the bar and other advice I can think of:

MONDAY:
I studied until 12 noon and then relaxed the rest of the day. I went to Vons to buy some lunch items. At around 8:00ish, I packed my cooler for the big day. I took a sleeping pill at 8:30 p.m. and then tried to go to bed.

Whatever you do, DO NOT stay up late on Monday trying to study. Whatever you don't know by 12 noon, you will not learn in time for the bar. Just relax so that you are prepared for 3 tough days. It's WAY better to just take half day off even if you don't feel ready than to try to cram something in because nothing will stick at that point.

TUESDAY-THURSDAY:
I woke up at 6:15 a.m. and ate breakfast. I put ice in my cooler for lunch, and I left my house at around 7:00 a.m. I arrived at approximately 7:35 a.m. I found a nice parking spot under a tree, and then reviewed a few outlines and checklists. I listened to some music after that to relax before the bar.

When I started taking the bar, it wasn't that bad. I just followed my plan: 15 minutes outlining, and 45 minutes writing out the answer. I did the questions in order and did not read all the questions before starting.

Afterward, I drove home where my mom made dinner, ate dinner, and then watched some t.v. and did it all over.

DON'T QUIT:
I've always heard this and believed in this. No matter what happens, don't quit. DO NOT decide for yourself that you will fail. If you walk out and don't go back, you will fail. Let the Bar people decide. I had many friends who thought they failed (they were all ready to take the FEB bar), and they ended up passing. Keep at it. The MBEs were really hard last year, but we all did okay. So, stick with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, disagree.

Didn't study all night, but when you say don't give up, that means don't stop studying at noon either.

Look, your by yourself, in your room, sure you could watch judge judy, or you could review the cal and fed rules of evidence or civ pro or any subject, just keep working. The notion that it won't stick is silly. Whether at the bar, or in law school, i studied till they said i had to put my notes down. Now i did goto sleep say at 9 or 10 but just kept to my regular schedule. Altering your sleep cycle just prior to taking the bar ---- good idea, good idea, never. (thank-you barbri pt prep guy)

now get to work!




Just another way to go.