Monday, July 23, 2007

Clock Question

"Last minute question about the timer. I seem to have trouble finding small timer without the alarm function. Will it ok to show them that I have disable the alarm function? Thanks. Also can I wear slipper during the exam?"

Just bring a watch and put it at 12:00 p.m. and when they say start, push the button that makes it start ticking again. Then, at 1:00 p.m., it's one hour pasted, etc.

Do not bring a clock with an alarm function, even if you plan to disable it. Someone behind me got "cited" (which probably means nothing aside from being written up) for bringing a clock with an alarm function.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the July 2007 Bar exam is over! I just got out about 30 minutes ago. I wanted to thank you for this webpage and your advice, it was helpful and stress-relieving during this whole process. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't have killed you to wish the people who have been reading your blog good luck on the exam this week...

Anonymous said...

Good grief -- someone's kvetching because you didn't say "good luck"?!

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this blog & share some advice. It was the Illinois bar for me, but I still picked up some pointers & reassurance. That's the cool thing about the web, isn't it -- finding a "community" of people in the same fix as yourself....

Writer said...

I agree, don't even go there with the watch. The proctors are taught to be extremely strict and write everyone up and let the Bar deal with them later. The guy next to me got written up because although his watchface was analog, it had a teeny, tiny digital display that said the day of the week, i.e. Mon, tues, etc. He gotten written up for that day one and looked like he was gonna throw up the rest of the exam.

Anonymous said...

BE CAREFUL

This tip was given in BarBri also. I followed the advice like a good little sheep. But my watch broke right before the afternoon session of the MBE. Yikes! So just remember that when you set your watch to 12, if you choose to do so, be extremely gentle and careful. It was an expensive watch and it still broke.

Good luck to everyone, especially my second-time taking kindred souls!

Unknown said...

where do I buy a 4X4 analog clock with no alarm? Every single clock that fits the measurements has an alarm in it. Any advice on where you got yours? Or should I just use a wristwatch, which I really do not want to do since I never wear a watch and the face on it is so small.